Memorial Service for Funerals
The following provides a summary listing of items for Chapter consideration and inventorying for availability and use during the Memorial Service for Funerals.
- Bible Mark sections for Psalm 90, verses 1 through 12.
- Gloves - white Every Brother participating in the funeral procession must wear white gloves. White gloves with Omega shields on the back should not be worn showing the shield and may be reversed (palm side down) to obscure.
- Baton The baton shall be carried aloft held high, typically by the Keeper of Peace (KOP), or a designated Brother, as he leads the procession and recession.
- Chapter shield Place centered in front of the casket or designated memorial photo of the deceased placed, or otherwise prominently place at the front near the memorial service area. Maintain sufficient spare batteries if an electronic, lighted shield.
- Chapter banner Place prominently at the front near the memorial service area.
- Candles - white, four Candles should be of equal length prior to use. Ensure wick will light. Maintain sufficient spares, as needed. Recommended are both lighted candles with a lighter and matches, and electric candles with sufficient spare batteries if open flames are not permissible in sanctuary.
- Candle holders - silver or gold While not required for electronic candles, it is advisable for open flames for safety and to help ensure wax does not damage sanctuary flooring. Alternatively, wax guards - i.e., disposable paper collars - may be used.
- Binder/folder prep kit - purple, black or white only While not required, the recommended content that might be compiled therein could include a copy of the ritual, or.
- Ritual, or text excerpt of the Memorial Service for Funerals dialogue
- Biography of the deceased Brother
- Poem, “When We Wear the Gloves” (optional) – to be read prior to the procession
- Related Honor Guard documentation for reference